Friday, April 1, 2011

NINE DAYS COME.........NINE DAYS GONE.........FR. OLIVER DEPARTS FOR HOME IN KILKENNY THIS AFTERNOON...........

As exhilirating as these past nine days have been to have Fr. Oliver Maher here from Kilkenny, Ireland to visit and caregive for me, the days are gone and today he departs for his own native home.  We have had a most enjoyable, as well as productive time in just over on thisdtwo hundred hours time, just as we have so many times over the past twenty nine years.  I am inexhaustingly grateful to him for his friendship, fidelity, fraternity, fellowship, and constancy of care, concern, and support, for me now in my post amputation challenge, as he has continuously through all these years.  I have rented a car with a driver to take us to SFO this afternoon to see him to his departing flight.  The one request Ollie had of me on this visit to me in Sacramento, was that we go to Devere's Irish Pub downtown.  Oliver has a Kilkenny acquaitance who works as a bartender there.  Having thoroughly enjoyed our dinner last Friday night at The Broiler restaurant downtown, and expressing an interest to dine downtown again, I decided that our last night, farewell dinner for 2011, should be downtown near Devere's.  So I chose Spataro, just one block away, at 14th & L Streets, as our venue last night.  And we were not disappointed.  From our arrival to departure, the attentiveness of the staff, the atmospherics of the setting, and the quality of food and drink, were absolutely superb !!!!!!!!!!!  We were both well pleased and had a delightful time in both Devere's and Spataro, last night.  This morning, having celebrated the 8 am Mass and had breakfast. Oliver is finishing packing, and then we will do some departure shopping and lunch, before taking the hired car to the San Francisco Airport.  I will truly miss him, but please God for just thireteen months, as he and our Kilkenny colleague, Father Daniel Bollard, will lead a Kilkenny contingent of our Usual Suspects to Sacramento, for my Silver Jubilee of Priesthood in May 2012.  Thank You Oliver, for your many kindnesses to me...........Gratefully And Fraternally Yours In Jesus The Lord,   Troy

P.S.  I do not have a caregiver scheduled tonight - and still have openings to fill on April 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18..........If you can help me in this way, please call me @ 925-5313; or e-mail me,  troypow@yahoo.com  right away.

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive