Wednesday, April 6, 2011

MORNING MASS, THE DAY OFF, AND A PENANCE DINNER, SERVICE, AND CONFESSIONS...........

I successfully made my way down the inside rectory ramp Merv Carson constructed for me, on my own this morning as I made my way to the church for the 8 am Mass.  Fr. Pius appeared moments to assist me into the church and sanctuary with the portable alumnium ramp and then chose to concelebrate with me.  As Wednesdays are my days off, I casually prepared myself breakfast consisting of cranberry/blueberry juice, multigrain Cheerios, turkey bacon on Italian bread toast, and coffee.  Then I took my morning meds, and laid down for an hour's dosy, bosy, restfulness as I call my short periods in a supine position.  Esperanza is here today to do the weekly cleaning of the rectory, and has a pot of her homemade beans cooking on the stove.  She knows how much I like her beans and rice, which have been favorites of mine since boyhood.  In my leisure today I am also crafting an e-mail letter of congratulations and memories, for Michael and Patricia Shortall in Kilkenny; who are celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary Ruby Jubilee. this Friday April 8, at the nationally award winning, Langton's on John's Street.  How I wish I could be there !!  Pat & Mick, are charter members of the Usual Suspects group of my circle of friends in Kilkenny; and all the others, Brigid, Ger, Kev, Dan, Jim, Ollie, will be in attendance, leaving me the odd one out !!!!!!!!!!!   This evening I will journey out of OLOL rectory and off the parish grounds by taxi, to Assumption Parish Church, for the priests' dinner and Penance Service and Confessions.  The Pastor, Reverend Father Brendan McKeefry, has graciusly invited me and I eagerly look forward to meeting up with him and other priests, as well as share sacramentally in providing the Lenten / Easter Confessions for OLA.  Fr. McKeefry has been particularly kind and fraternally generous to me through the years, es[pecially in the past five years during my kidney failure and transplant, and now my right foot below the knee amputation, rehabilitation and convalescence. His multiple visits to me in Rehab, during February and March, and tonight's invitation, being just the latest kindnesses and thoughtfulness he has extended to me over the past twenty eight years.  All and all, it makes for a very pleasant, rejuvenating, and restful day, as I progress each day towards a full recovery, and the prostheses that will take my body and my priestly ministry, forward to their next chapters of life and faith...........EnJoy As Well As EnDure Your Wednesday.   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive