Wednesday, April 13, 2011

LAST CALL PHI PI ZETA LAMBDA CHI ALPHA ALUMNI TO ASSIST WITH MY POST AMPUTATION CONVALESCENCE OVERNIGHT CAREGIVING..........

As I await the arrival of my Wednesday overnight caregiver, a man who is not a Catholic, or a parishioner, or even a personal friend; but an Eastern Orthodox Christian, who heard my announcerment for overnight caregivers, on a visit here to OLOL a few Sundays ago, I am at a crossroads of five nights yet unfilled as of tomorrow night Thursday April 14, through next Monday April 18, so five nights to complete the required first month back in the rectory overnight caregivers stipulated by my medical team.  Past and present parishioners, and personal friends, have stellarly volunteered and covered 21 of the 33 overnights in my post amputation convalescence I am currently completing.  But surprisingly, although more than a half dozen of my CSU-Sacramento Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity brothers have made and maintained contact with me during the past twelve weeks of this harrowing experience, including Jon Salinger, Merv Carson, Scott Vogelsang, Bruce Mattos, Mark Peterson, Rob Buckner, Scott McKenna, and Rob Paoletti, and have been of great fraternal and personal support and encouragement; while others have not responded to my continuous requests in recent weeks for adult male volunteers to come and stay with me overnight in the OLOL rectory, should I have need for urgent assistance during the night through April 20.  I still have five nights to fill - from tomorriw night, Thursday - through next Monday night.  One last time, I am asking you my alumni brothers, to answer my need, so that those who have already served the situation, do not have  to step up inordinately to help me meet this requirement.  Thank you to the good brothers who have contributed their time and talents to me during my hospitalization, rehabilitation, and convalescence.  Will some of the others of you now give me a few hours of your time in the spirit of, "honest friendships", and "shared experiences", that define us as brothers of the bond, in Zeta Alpha Chi ?  Call me an eternal optimist, but I choose to believe, a few more of you Phi Pi Zeta Lambda Chi's can and will, respond affirmatively to assisting me with one of the remaining five nights yet to be scheduled the 14th-18th, as I progress toward my right foot and leg prostheses...........Brother Father Troy  Phi Pi 2.  

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive