Friday, April 15, 2011

TODAY BRINGS MY NEXT APPOINTMENT WITH DR. COOKSON.....AND OLOL LENTEN COMMUNAL PENANCE SERVICE AND CONFESSIONS...........

As I prepare to celebrate the 8 am Mass at OLOL, I look forward to my 11 am appointment with my Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. James Cookson, and hopefully the go ahead to having the temporary prostheses prepared for placement on my right foot and leg.  OLOL parishioner Dave Quinn will drive me to my appoinbtment this morning, showing again how supportive and cooperative this parish community continues to be as I proceed with my post amputation convalescence and therapy.  I had no overnight caregiver last night and no one scheduled, tonight, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  Despite my hopeful expectation that my alumni fraternity brothers would step up and fill those slots, it hasn't happened, to my disappointment, but it's time to get real : people will only do what they choose to do, and not necessarily answer a reasonable request.  I instead will dwell on the positive contributions more than a half dozen of my fellow  Lambda Chis have made during this period.  The  ramps my alumni Brother Merv Carson, built for me; the portable aluminum ramp Brother Scott Vogelsang, loaned me; the visits while in hospital and rehab, Scott, and Brothers Mark Peterson, and Rob Buckner, made to me; and the phone calls and Facebook messages, Brothers Jon Salinger, Bruce Mattos, Scott McKenna, and Rob Paoletti, among others, have shared with me over the past three months.   So I resolve to push forward, knowing it is not for lack of trying to meet the requirement placed upon me by my medical team, that I am unable to cover these last nights of my first month back in the rectory......Tonight we begin our parish Confessions schedule for Easter, with a Communal Penance Service, followed by Individual Confessions, at 7 pm.  Then on Saturday, Fr. Pius and I, will be in the Reconciliation Room, between 3-5 pm, and will also hear Confessions on Monday, from 11 am - 12 noon; Tuesday, from 3 - 4 pm; and Wednesday, from 7 -8 pm.  That is a six hour opportunity in five days before the celebration of the Easter Triduum, that parishioners of OLOL, can make a worthy confession of their sins, to be in the state of grace for Easter.  It's time to get ready for my appointment with Dr. Cookson...........Peace In Christ Who Endured His Passion And Death For Us,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive