Friday, April 8, 2011

HAPPY, HAPPY, 40TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY MICHAEL AND PATRICIA SHORTALL...........

I successfully made my way to and from St. Philomene's Church and Rectory, at El Camino Avenue and Bell Street, in Arden-Arcde last night, via taxi, by employing a local 95838 local cab company, BKBest, to transport me.  Bobby, the driver / dispatcher / owner, was very punctual, quite courteous, willing to bring me to and from the front door of the rectory, and attentive to my direct pivoting into and out of the cab.  Thus I had an enjoyable, interactive, evening with Fr. Eduino, and the five other visiting priests for the Communal Penance Service and Confessions.....Tonight in Kilkenny, Ireland my friends Patricia and Michael Shortall, are celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary, which I refer to as their, "Ruby Jubilee", at the acclaimed, award winning, Langton's Pub and Restaurant in Kilkenny City.  Oh how I wish I were there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Mick & Pat's home is virtually Priests' Central, as they have hosted and shared graciuous hospitality with legions of priests, in their home, through the years.  I have been their guest on numerous occasions, including - "Midnight Straganoff", and "Bar Shed Summer Sunday", that all of us who were present, will never forget.  Pat and Mick, are charter members of my Usual Suspects group, that include, Brigid Mullins, Geraldine and Kevin Butler, as well as a number of the Kilkenny/Ossory priests.  They are all there tonight gathered with the Jubilarians, who have not only my thoughts, prayers, and this blog column, but a congratulatory letter, they were to share with thoise present at the event.  Happy Ruby Anniversary Patricia and Michael !!  Thanks For All The Years Of Your Friendship And Fellowship, And So Many Happy, Happy, Memories,   Troy David Powers

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive