Tuesday, April 12, 2011

EASTER SUNDAY BULLETIN DEADLINE AND HOLY WEEK / EASTER SCHEDULE STUFFING DAY @ OLOL...........

My twenty year friend and former parishioner, Ray Riehle, who I met in my first assignment as Associate Pastor of Holy Family Parish, Citrus Heights, in the summer of 1987, was my overnight caregiver Monday.  He put me through my paces observing and responding to my standing exercises therapy, commenting on the strength I am developing in my ability to stand for several minutes, and suggesting ways I can discuss tweaking it for further progress with my doctors and therapists.  As we have a tendency to do, we also had a very animated conversation about current politics namely, the responses of Christians, Jews, Muslims, and other religions and faith traditions, and the America news media, to the contentious  conditions of the post 9-11 / Iraq / Afghanistan world.....
It will be a busy bee Tuesday here at OLOL, as the Easter Sunday Bulletin must be submitted to JS Paluch, by 1 pm, and then paqrishioner volunteers will come to the rectory Green Room, to help fold, stuff, and label, the parish Easter schedule mailing.  As I blog this morning, I am watching my pal Dan Elliott, and the second hour of News 10 Good Morning.  The date on the calendar reminds me today is the sixty-sixth anniveresary of the death of the longest ever occupant of The White House, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, our 32nd President, who served a record 12 years, 1 month, and 8 days as POTUS.  FDR Commander in Chief during the depths of the Great Depression and the Second World War.  As a student of the American Presidency, I believe President Roosevelt was the greatest President of the 20th Century, and earned his place in the pantheon of paramount Presidents, Washington and Lincoln.  It looks like a bright and sunny day is before us, so EMJOY !!!!!!!!!!!..........Peace + Prayers In Christ,   Fr.  Troy 

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive