Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A MILESTONE DAY IN THE HISTORY OF MY MOTHER'S FAMILY...........

In my Mother's Family, April 26th, is a keystone day.  For it was on April 26, 1915, at 5 pm, that my maternal grandparents, Manuel Lawrence Corey, and Claudia Frances Francis, were married in St. Elizabeth's Church, at 12th & S Streets, in downtown Sacramento.  My grandfather was 24 years, 6 months, and 17 days old; my grandmother 15 yearts, 3 months, and 17 days old; on their Wedding Day.  My great grandmother Francis, and my grandmother's oldest sister Adeline, felt Manuel was too old for Claudia; so at age 13, they sent my grandmother to a convent in Los Angeles, for eighteen months.  Fifteen year old Claudia, returned to Sacramento after her release from the convent,  and within a matter of weeks she married Manuel, in what is my family's ancestral Portuguese National Church.  Their marriage produced 9 children, two who died in childhood; and I am one of 31 grandchildren, 71 great grandchildren, and more than 107 great great great grandchildren !!!!!!!!!!!  And their delayed and doubted marriage prospects nearly one hundred years ago, lasted for more than 71 years, until my grandfather's death on May 18, 1986.  My grandmother died less than three years later, on February 26, 1989.  He was 95; she was 89.  So my thoughts, prayers, and memories are with you today, "Mom & Pop", for the Love you shared and the Family you led...........Everlasting Peace In The Eternal Easter,   Troy David

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive