Friday, April 22, 2011

A QUIET DAY AND NIGHT COMMEMORATING THE PASSION AND DEATH OF THE CHRIST OF OUR RECONCILIATION AND REDEMPTION...........

51 parishioners were present for our Good Friday Stations of the Cross, at 7 pm, at which I presided from the Altar of Sacrifice, opening and closing the Service,while Fr. Pius led the fourteen stations in the center aisle of the church.  Fr. Tony was also in attendance and made the Stations seated with the congregation.  It has been as is normal, a quiet afternoon and evening, as this solemn and sorrowful day in the history of salvation draws to an end.  Catholic-Christians locally and universally, commiserate in knowing that God So Loves Us, that the Divine Has Sent The Co-Eternal Son To Save And Redeem Us. From childhood, Good Fridays were a step up from the customary fishsticks and vegetable soup.  On Good Friday, fish and chips were our family fare, as my mother's way of kicking off making Easter weekend special.  And so for most years on Good Friday, as a college student, seminarian, deacon, and priest,  I have honored my family memory, by having either fish and chips, or when necessary, filet of fish and french fries.  But today, given my direct inability to go and get either of them, I settled for meatless leftovers and a can of beans, as my dinner.  They were good and nourishing, but leaves me with the desire for the former.  As I reflect on my current reality : when to ask someone versus providing for myself; when to try to arrange a ride, or to take a taxi; I decided today called for doing less, resting and reflecting more on the substance and significance, than prioritizing my desired central meal of this Good Friday.  With a prostheses and renewed ability next year, my Silver Jubilee Easter Triduum it will be as I choose, with constraint.  Besides on the Day God's Son suffered and died so ignominously; who am I to complain, when there are multi millions of literally starving on Good Friday and everyday of the year.  Fr. Pius and I will go out tomorrow for our Easter meal together, and to get a few groceries for Holy Saturday, Easter Sunday, and Easter Monday.  We must also pick up the Hot Cross Buns ordered for Easter Sunrisers.  However you spend the next couple of days, do so with the Remembrance of the One, Who Suffered, Died, Was Buried, And Rose To Life, For Us Sinners...........A Blessed Easter Triduum,   Fr.  Troy 

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive