Wednesday, April 6, 2011

GOOD DAY FOLLOWED BY FRUSTRATED EVENING...........

The good and relaxing day I had, leisurely regrouping on my day off, turned into a thwarted evening two hours ago, when the Yellow Cab I ordered for 4:30 pm  failed to show up to drive me to Assumption Parish in Carmichael.  Requesting a wheelchair accessible taxi, I was not informed up front that there was not one available, and only after two subsequent phone calls I made to them twenty two and fifty two minutes after I should have been picked up, was I told it was my fault for not telling them I had a collapsible chair, for them to be able to send  a regular cab.  I sat in my wheelchair at the opened front door of the rectory until 5:30 pm for a cab to arrive, but it never did.  I feel bad for having my good intention and promise to help at the OLA Penance Service cancelled by incompetence beyond my immediate control.  So I voice mailed Fr. Brendan, apologized and explained my absence, while expressing my gratitude for his fraternal generosity towards me.  What makes this incident more frustrating for me is that this is the second snafu taxi-wise I have experienced in the past six days.  When the Yellow Cab driver arrived at Spataro Restaurant at 15th and L Streets downtown Thursday night, he did so in a regular taxi.  Oliver and I requested a wheelchair accessible cab, only for the driver to be told, there were none available.  Having fewer accessible taxis available than requests received is one thing; but blaming the putative passenger for their problem asI was tonight, is too much.  So on providing for necessary transportation for myself, I am back to square one, as far as  independently getting to scheduled appointments, activities, and events, beyond OLOL parish plant are concerned.  For my 99.9% accurate inner feeling tells me after these two snafus , not to trust the cab company to do the same to me again, as one of the responses I received regarding their lateness this evening was, "You should explore your other options".  ???   What other options at a belated hour did I viably have,  or why would I have called them in the first place ?...........One Of The Frustrating Sides Of  My Post Amputation Rehab Convalescence,   Fr.  Troy

This is my 19th night back in the rectory and will be my first night without an overnight caregiver, as no one volunteered for tonight. and I have five more nights, yet to fill -  Apr. 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, .....Lambda Chi Alums how about You ?????  My thanks to Ray Riehle for signing up for next Monday night !!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive