Tuesday, April 19, 2011

MY POST AMPUTATION CONVALESCENCE PENULTIMATE OVERNIGHT WITH A PARISHIONER CAREGIVER..........

The completion of my first month back in the OLOL parish rectory following my recent hospitalization, right foot, below the knee, amputation, and rehabilitation, has arrived; and at the conclusion of today, which marks the twenty-fifth anniversary of my Ordination as a Transitional Deacon of the Church, on April 19, 1986; OLOL parishioner, David Quinn is back with me overnight, on this second to last night I am required to have an adult male with me here in the rectory.  Dave, who is our Parish Finance Council Chairman, and is a Eucharistic Minister, is also one of vthe chief volunteers in OLOL Feeding The Hungry Ministry.  He not only helps set up the room for filling of the food bags that are distributed to the hungry who come to us each Tuesday morning, but runs what Father Traynor refers to as the parish, "Grocery Store".  He is an exemplary representative of the adult male parishioners who have answered my request for overnight caregivers the past four and a half weeks.  This afternoon was a brief, but productive period of addressing parish administrative needs.  Tonight, once Dave arrives, I will be doing my Standing Exercise Therapy, at bedside, with the Walker, and see if I can collectively exceed fifteen minutes total standing.  Physical Therapist Quinn McArthur's Assistant, and fellow Facebook friend, Caterina Pellegrino, telephoned me Monday afternoon regarding Dr. Cookson's referral of me, and scheduled my first appointment with Quinn, for next Monday morning April 25, at 11 am.  I am looking forward to resuming physical therapy with him, and anticipate equal success to the good work Quinn did with me for three months, seven years ago, when I broke my left arm at the shoulder.  Our challenge now will be to get my left foot and leg to move forward, which it has never had to do until now.  Fr. Pius heard the 3-4 pm Confessions this afternoon, and will do so tomorrow night from 7-8 pm.  I will preside at the 8 am Wednesday of Holy Week Mass and plan to attend my first Amputee Support Group Meeting at Anchor Prosthetics tomorrow night.  Holy Week, the year's most sacred week, is also undeniably the busiest week of the year for priests.  Remember to appreciate your parish priests for the schedule they keep this week...........Peace + Prayers In Jesus This Tuesday Of  Holy Week 2011 A.D.,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive