Thursday, March 31, 2011

PER OUR CUSTOM, FATHER OLIVER'S LAST FULL DAY WILL INCLUDE A SPECIAL FAREWELL DINNER...........

As my post amputation, rehabilitation, convalescent, nine day visit by Fr. Oliver arrives at its last full day, we will have an intentionally leisurely day winding down together, touching base primarily telephonically with a handful of more people who know Fr. Oliver, but whom we were not able to see or spend time with.  We will square away some of my continuing medicinal needs, getting prescriptions refilled, etc., and then tonight, we will honor the custom we have done our best to maintain through the past two decades and have a one on one dinner in a special restaurant.  In tonight's instance I have chosen our dining location based on the conversations we have had during his stay with me and the desires he has expressed for a further experience of Sacramento.  Our day will open with my presiding at the 8 am parish Mass, followed by my standing exercise physical therapy after breakfast and then a morning shower with Ollie's observation of my transferring from the wheelchair across the transfer board onto the shower bench, and then returning in reverse to my bed to dress myself.  After going to Walgreen's to take care of my refills, we will contact a remaining short list of mutual friends, with my apologies up front to anyone who we do communicate with, but the brevity and focus of Fr. Oliver's special purpose visit to me, made impossible touching base with everyone in the circle of friends.  I will do some parish work and then devote the evening and the rest of the night thanking and celebrating the twenty nine year bond of friendship and fraternity that has brought Ollie back to Sacramento on a fourth extraordinary visit to me in regards to my health, since the onset of my diabetes and first surgery / convalescence in 2002.  Here's to what will be a penultimately meaningful day for both of us...........Love + Prayers,   Fr.  Troy   

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive