Wednesday, March 30, 2011

ANOTHER APPOINTMENT WITH MY PROSTHETICS PREPARATION PERSONS...........

This morning I had a second appointment with Clint from Anchor Prosthetics, who came with a prosthetic liner for my right leg.  I am to wear it starting today to get accustomed to the feel of the temporary and permanent prosthetioc, as it is the same material as they will be made with.  It has a nylon like outside and a rubber gel inside.  It is rolled on to my right leg inside out with the white rubber facing outward and rounded not cupped at the end, before rolling it with the palms of my hands up my leg above the knee.  Also with Clint today, was Cruz, the Amputee Advocate and Support Group Leader I metv with in Mercy Rehjab a few weeks ago.  We had a very productive 45 minute meeting which Fr. Oliver also sat in on.  We discussed the ins and outs pof the temporary and permanent prostheses; how with standing and walking my leg will taper down further and the water in the leg will be pushed out; and how the prosthetic sockets have to be adjusted as changes occur due to walking with the prostheses; adjustments I will be alerted to by pain.  Cruz, the Amputee Advocate / Support Group Leader then discussed the dynamics of his particular support group which meets in the Anchor Prosthetics Office on Auburn Blvd.,  the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 5:30 pm.  He invited to join them and be prepared to share my experiences and questions and to be shared with.  Each person also is encouraged to bring food or drink to share together during the meetings.  Oliver and I then proceeded to Tahoe Joe's restaurant in Roseville for lunch with Karin and Roger Geach, their daughter  Kellie, and grandson Rory.  We returned to the OLOL rectory where I completed some parish work and transmitted the Sunday Bulletin and received our dinner delivery of Lasagne, Meatballs, Garlic Bread, Salad, and a scrumptuous Cake, from former Holy Family parishioner and Secretary/Bookkeeper, Louise Bartridge.  Oliver, Tony Traynor, Pius, and I, had a priestly feast of food, fraternity, friendship, and fraternity thanks to Louise.  As this seventh of Ollie's nine day visit 2011 as my caregiver winds down, and we prepare to go to our beds, I am grateful to all of the above for the today it has been.  And I was also delighted to receive a very special phone call late this afternoon, from my beloved former student and dear friend, Tony Clark, who called to check in on me.  I pitched the possibility of his coming for one of the twelve nights I have yet to fill to be my overnight caregiver.  He agreed to check his schedule.  If you are an adult male 18 years old and above who is either family, friend, fraternity brother, or parishioner, and have the possibility of assistimg me in this way, please consider doing so.  Open nights remaining to be filled are : April 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, from 7 pm - 7 am.  Call me at the rectory - 925-5313, to sign up..........."Schlaft In Himmlischer Ruh",   Fr.  Troy    

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive