Saturday, March 19, 2011

ST. JOSEPH'S DAY BRINGS MY DISCHARGE FROM REHABILITATION AND SISTER FELICITY BRUSADELLI'S BIRTHDAY...........

After twenty two days here at Mercy General Rehab, and sixty four days in hospital and rehabilitation, I am being discharged today and returning to Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, to convalesce and gradually resume my duties as Priest and Pastor.  I am undergoing my final Vanco antibiotic infusion as I blog, have just seen Dr. Lehman, and await my discharge papers and learning who my driver will be.  I am scheduled to drop by the annual McNamara's St. Patrick's Day Party on the way back to the Parish, then presideat the concelebration, at the 5 pm Vigil Mass at OLOL,  from my wheelchair, as I will until my permanent prostheses is in place; and will also do the same at the 10:30 a.m. Mass in tomorrow morning.  As it is St. Joseph's Day, the Husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Legal Father of Jesus, I wish all my Italian American friends a Happy Feast Day as they particularly commemorate this day annually, and a bountiful repaste should they be partaking of their St. Joseph's Table tradition tonight.  Today is also Canossian Sister Felicity Brusadelli, of OLOL birthday, so a very Happy Birthday to Sister Felicity with our thanks for her several decades of consecrated life and ministry in our Parish and elsewhere.  Roger Geach will be joining me overnight Saturday and Sunday as my first in rectory caregiver / observer.  Joe Gibson was my last rehab visitor Fiday night.  What I have just shared is indicative of the fact that they : Roger and Joe, were hands down my most frequent visitors and callers, over the past nine weeks in all three locations : Sutter Roseville; Bruceville Terrace; Mercy General.  To them and all my many visitors, callers, cardsenders, and prayer partners, I am extremely grateful.  Until Later I Wish Everyone A Blessed St. Joseph's Day 2011..........Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive