Saturday, March 26, 2011

HOME IN THE RECTORY ONE WEEK : MY STANDING AND PIVOTING THERAPY CONTINUES TO PROGRESS...........

Awakening after a restful night's sleep this morning, Saturday has been both a leisurely and active day for Father Oliver and I.  Organizing and preparing for Sunday Masses this morning after breakfast; at 12:45 pm we drove up to Truxel Road for lunch in the Natomas Marketplace and then drove on to Country Club Centre to resume some retail therapy.  We then returned to the rectory and succeeded in wheelchair to transfer board to shower bench positioning me in the bathtub to take my Saturday shower and then to shave.  At present it takes two wheelchairs to accomplish, a smaller parish chair and my own extra wide chair, in order to get into my bathroom and to transfer to and from the shower bench.  Like getting in and out of vehicles, standing on my left leg and foot and direct pivoting onto the seat is also required each time.  And regarding showering, I will be using the bench permanently for the rest of my life, as I will not wear my prostheses once I have one while taking a shower.  I am preparing to go over to the church to make the pulpit announcements which will include this week's update on my progress and continue seeking adult male overnight caregivers from April 1-20.  Then tonight, Fr. Oliver and I are going to dinner followed by the Tower Theatre, at 16th & Broadway in Sacramento, to see the movie, "The King's Speech".  I am presiding at the 8:30 am Mass here at OLOL Sunday, and will lead the 1st Scrutiny of the RCIA ministry at the 10:30 am Mass.  We are hoping to break for a dfay or two Monday morning, weather permitting our traveling back down into the Bay Area, as our intended destination, Lake Tahoe is pre-empted by the weather conditions.  I am sorry especially for Oliver who truly delights in it and Fr. Ben Deleon, Pastor of St. Theresa's in South Lake Tahoe, whom we had hoped to visit and spend time with.  That's my blog update for now...........All My Best To My Friends And Supporters And God's Abundant Blessings Upon You,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive