Friday, March 18, 2011

THE FINISHING 24 HOURS PLUS OF MY HOSPITALIZATION AND REHABILITATION SINCE THE OCCURRENCE OF MY RIGHT FOOT / BELOW THE KNEE AMPUTATION...........

After being here at Mercy General Rehabilitation Continuing Care Center, three weeks today and nine weeks into this Amputation Journey, about which I have been blogging the past two months, my stay away from OLOL Parish is concluding over the next day, as I will be discharged tomorrow, to return to the rectory and begin to partially resume my priestly parish ministry.  Dr. Cookson is permitting me to start presiding at Masses and Sacraments in the liturgical life of OLOL, from the wheelchair as I convalesce and await placement of my permanent prostheses in the coming weeks between now and the end of June.  Bishop Soto has decided I can do liturgically as much as I am realistically able to do as Pastor, but will also provide me with the support and assistance of another priest, from this weekend to the end of June.   I am eager to return to the parish Saturday afternoon aftter my hiatus, yet I profound understand that I must and will pace myself in graduating back into full time pastoral and administrative activity and work.  As I am clearly stating it for the parishioners understanding and expectations, I will not be returning to work in the Parish Office until after my prostheses is in place and I am medically authorized to resume all my duties.  However from my quarters in the rectory as I am convalescing and continuing home health and outpatient therapy to maximize my strength and success in living with a prostheses, I will oversee and monitor parish in regular consultation in tandem with the other Priests, Sisters, and Pastoral and Finance Councils' Chairpersons.  I welcome rectory from the parishioners and my personal circle of friends, but ask all to keep their visits brief, social and spiritual interactions only.  I will utilize the Sunday Bulletin and Pulpit Announcements, to communicate with the parish community, during this forthcoming convalescence and gradual resumption of ministry, while continuing to address my current medical concerns and necessary physical adaptations.  Today is starting slowly but as required, breakfast, medications, bathing and ablutions, blood draws, as I stand by for my p.t. session today.  Yesterday, in the presence of Roger Geach, and the help of Gabi the therapist,  and the walker, I successfully again stood for more than 8 minutes.  Squaring away getting the ramps, wheelchair, shower bench, and taking down the shower doors, and other doors, in the rectory to effectively facilitate my mobility in this interregnum is priority one.  Also nailing down the overnight volunteer attendants from among my male parishioners, personal friends, and fraternity brothers, from April 1 - 20, is also an essential focus for me as I retrurn to the rectory.  If you are in one of these three categories and are willing to give me a night or two, to assist me in the basic overnight 7 a.m. -7 p.m., caregiving and companionship now necessary to successfully complete my Rehabilitation and Convalescence, please do not delay in contacting me to sign-up, by calling the parish rectory 925-5313.  Finally on this penultimate day before my release from Mercy General Rehab, may I try to begin to express my gratitude and heart deep prayers, for everyone who has journeyed with me during these very trying weeks of acceptance and adjustment.  I appreciate your conscientious and compassionate concern, care, and considerateness, over the past 64 days.  God Bless You 30-60-100 Fold............Fr.  Troy      

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive