Sunday, March 20, 2011

THE 2ND SUNDAY OF LENT AND MY RETURN FOR THE FIRST NIGHT TO OLOL RECTORY.....HOW THE TRANSFIGURATION OF JESUS CHANGES US..........

Discharge dates from hospitals are always long and unpredictable ones in my adult experience, seldom in the past nine years of my health journey have I exited a hospital before early to mid afternoon, and that was the case on Saturday, as even though it has been known since February 16th, that my antibiotic infusion therapy would end on March 19th, thus my reason for staying in a hospital and rehabilitation; and yet my departure from the Rehabilitation Continuing Care Center came after 3 p,m., with having schekue myself for the 5 p.m. Vigil Mass.  The major casaulty of my belated Rebab Center was appearing even briefly at Joe and Debra McNara's annual McNamara Family St, Patrick's Day Party in their home in Curtis Party, at which Joe tells me 200 persons were present at over the afternoon and evening.  In the past three weeks he and I have had three wonderful lunchtime visits at Mercy General Rehab, and Monday and Tuesday nights we will expand upon this, as he will be my Monday and Tuesday overnight caregiver.  Roger Geach is doing a truly outstanding job kicking things off and getting the rectory , especially my quarters equpped to respond to my current needs post amputation / pre prostheses.  He has taken down room doors and shower doors, adapted the shower to a hand held unit, and went with me to my storage unit on Auburn at Watt at 7:30 a.m. this morning to gather my wheelchair, walker, commode, orthpedic cane, and transfer board.  He brought dinner and lunch today; Karin's sloppy joes and one of Rodd and Karla's Original Pete's MeatLovers Pizzas.  And has a crock pot Roast simmering for our Dinner in a couple of hours.  Having greeted people at the 8:30 a.m. Mass and presided at this morning's 10:30 a.m. Mass, the theme of Transfiguration versus the Cross; Glory versus Suffering; are prevalent.  The past ten weeks of my life and ministry have helped me to more deeply discern the necessity and undeniable reality of the Cross and Suffering in my life and the life of all Believers, superseded in God's Eternal by Glorification as previed for the Disciples and for each one of us, by Jesus' Transfiguration and our future share in God's generous and greater Glory.  Time to watch the evening news and catch up with today's World Events, before Roger's return and Dinner, as his second night of caregiving for me unfolds...........Believing As Peter Proclaimed On The Mountaintop, "Lord It Is Good We Are Here",   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive