Sunday, March 13, 2011

THE 1ST SUNDAY OF LENT AND COMBATTING THE TEMPTATION TO SIN...........

Despite this morning's arrival of  Daylight Savings Time, and my initial thought that Vitals, Breakfast, and Therapy, were a full hour earlier than lat week, I have completed today's p.t. session and await the beginning of the 10 a.m. Sunday Mass telecast from the Hospital Rehab Chapel, with Fr. Healy.  The R.N. on duty, is a float nurse, not quite as familiar with me,or my chart.  She came into to do my morning meds and start my Vanco antibiotic treatment, oblivious that I was watching the Sunday Mass, and my couteous, cooperative, spirit didn't seem to register until I got more direct about letting the Mass finish before hooking me up to the infusion machine.  Father John's homily and reflections during the Mass formed an excellent blueprint for the conversion, sensitivity to sin, and redirection in our lives, Lent provides us the opportunity to exercise.  Thus,  I now await whatever Sunday visitors may come today and in addition to internet recreational therapy, and continue the reading I started here thanks to the books given or loaned to me, by Fathers Brendan McKeefry, Steven Foppiano, and my friend and advocate, Joe Gibson.  I also hope to speak with Fr. Oliver today, for our weekly update conversation.  The countdown to my return to OLOL is upon us, 7 Days and Counting...........
With Prayer And Gratitude To One And All Of You,   Fr.  Troy

.....Fr. Oliver called me just before lunch time here, and at about 7:30 p.m., Sunday Kilkenny Time, as our change to Daylight Savings Time places us one hour (7, instead of 8,) behind them, until they enter their own Daylight Savings Time in a few weeks.  Fr. John Healy, brought me Holy Communion, just before lunch; Fr. Pat Lee, came to visit as I was concluding lunch; and I have also had an hour's visit with Fr. Dan Madigan, who appeared in my room with Sister Kathleen Horgan, an hour ago.....3:05 p.m., tdp

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive