Tuesday, March 15, 2011

THE IDES OF MARCH IN REHAB BRINGS A UNIQUE O.T. SESSION - DOING LAUNDRY...........

With my laundry bag full to overbrimming, needing to be done - I am supposed to have an interesting Occupational Therapy session today, getting assistance to do my laundty personally.  I am grateful to Karin and Roger Geach for generously having taken home and done my previous round of laundry some weeks ago, when I was not yet physically able to do it myself.  I have no set therapy schedule so I do not know what time it will happen.  I suppose it will occur after today's p.t. session, or that they will get me started on it before the physical therapist is ready for me.  I am also doing additional exercises stretching my arms with elastic bands, in order to work the vital muscles that will be required to move, pivot, walk, with the left leg and foot in conjunction with my right foot and leg prostheses.  With my energy level high and rehab winding down, I am doing everything possible to constructively fill the hours with meaningful recreation.  Visitors have lessened in recent weeks, yet the visits are as integral to me now as they have been from the outset of the amputation rehabilitation journey.  Thanks to books provided me by Fr. Brendan McKeefry, Fr. Steven Foppiano, and Joe Gibson, and my many communicative friends on the phone and the internet , I am biding the time as patiently as I can, praying more, pondering deeper, deciding determinedly, to be the true me,  in the face of the challenges amputation has and will bring into my life.  More To Come...........Fr.  Troy 

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive