Friday, March 25, 2011

THE ANNUNCIATION OF THE LORD OPENS THE GOOD NEWS OF OUR REDEMPTION...........

My first full day Thursday with Father Oliver onb his nine day visit to me following the amputation and rehabilitation I have undergone over the past ten weeks, as he arrived to share in my current caregiving, was a day of fraternity, fellowship, continuing therapies, and weathering journeying out into the wetness of this phenomenal storm to take care of basics such as grocery shopping.  As Oliver jovially has said, he left, "Irish Sunshine", and has traded it in for drenching, "California Rain" !!!!!!!!!!!  And Ireland is where RAIN can be expected on almost any day of the year !!  Ha !  Ha !  As this Friday morning begins, I prepare to celebrate the 8 am Mass, getting over to the church and back to the rectory in my wheelchair with Ollie's assistance; and then after breakfast, I have a 9:30 am appointment here at OLOL, with Clint from Anchor Prosthetics.  We are scheduled to meet Ned Kavanagh, as the people ok Kilkenny call him, at St. Rose's / St. Patrick's at 11:30 am to go to lunch at Scott's Seafood On The River, and then Oliver and I will do a little of what he refers to as, "Retail Therapy", >shopping.  We are out for dinner tonight, maximizing the freedom of time beyond four walls, after two months of my being 99% indoors since my hospitalization and amputation in January.  We as always in Sacramento or Kilkenny, plan to take a side trip, but this rainy and snowy weather is complicating it.  Our window of opportunity to see anyone Oliver may know from previous visits, who are not already calendared with us, he will have to pass on seeing this go round.  I am thoroughly enjoying Ol's presence with me at this time.  Weare calling it an early night as it has been an active and full first two days for us..........Peace + Prayers,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive