Monday, March 7, 2011

MONDAY OPDENS WITH ME HERE IN MERCY GENERAL REHAB AND MSGR. "K.," ACROSS THE WAY IN MERCY GENERAL HOSPITAL..........

The Mercy General Hospital Chaplain, Father John Healy, doing his usual stellar job brought me Holy Communion Sunday in the early afternoon and then returned in the midafternoon to inform me, "Msgr, Ed", was in the hospital waiting to be assigned a room. I called Victor who was with him and spoke with both of them and then in a visit from Victor on his way home last night got an update oh how Msgr. Kavanagh is doing. I am hoping to wheelchair over with the assistance of someone else, to visit him later today. Joe Gibson came to see me after I had my Sunday Dinner, which was a very nice bookend to the Dahlbergs' and Fr. Lee's afternoon visits, and Sara Nava's phone call. As my therapies continue today, I am due to receive a visit from Cruz, an eight year amputee, who will be coming to discuss living as an amputee with me; and answer any of my questions about amputation. Our conversation should be quite beneficial to learning to productively transitioning into going forward as a person and a priest, as an amputee with a prostheses. In recent days as I continue to do my utmost to keep my upbeat spirits and positive outlook, I am noting a change in my focus. I am experiencing the poignancy and reality of having had my right foot and lower leg amputated six weeks ago, when I observe other persons being very physically and athletically interactive, live or in the media. I will blog more about this as I process the experience for myself. More than 6 weeks following my amputation I am pleased with the acceptance, progress, and outlook I have been able to maintain to date; despite the frustrations of the post surgery and rehabilition period I have had to endure along with the overwhelmingly pro-active and productive activity and caring support I have received from most persons I am encountering. I reiterate my gratitude to my doctors, nurses, therapists, family, friends, parishioners, and Bishop Soto, and my priest colleagues, and religious, who are being as supportive and sustaining to me as possible. Thanks to you, and MY Faith in God, I am a truly blessed man..........With Appreciation And Prayers, As I Await The Today Show And Breakfast, After My Daily Dose Of Dan Elliott And News 10 Good Morning, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive