Thursday, March 24, 2011

FATHER OLIVER RETURNS TO OLOL IN SACRAMENTO TO BE MY NINE DAY CAREGIVER...........

I kept my latest appointment with my Ortopedic Surgeon, Dr. James Cookson, Wednesday morning, and learned my right knee abrasion is improving well, but needs to heal further before the temporary pilon can be placed on my right foot and leg.  He gave me the go ahead to proceed with the prosthetic company representative in scheduling a molding appointment for my permanent prostheses.  After returning to the rectory, I was then chauffered in a SUV  to San Francisco Airport to welcome Father Oliver Maher.  I chose for us a Cadillac Escalade, the very vehicle he had expressed a desire to experience on his next visit to me.  From the airport we went first to Alioto's #8 restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf, for an early dinner on the Bay, then came back to Sacramento and OLOL.  To round out the day we drove to South Sacramento and visited with Msgr. Kavanagh, then back to our rectory to call it a night.  With the liquid sunshine of our current California, our pursuits during these coming days will have to be adapted, but we are likely to make at least one side trip.  I am very happy to have him here, on what is his 10th visit to California since 1987; and the fourth time in the past nine years he has flown from Kilkenny to Sacramento, to address the significant changes in my health, as both a colleague, friend, and caregiver.  Coffee's on, and Oliver has just arisen, so for now I say in this Fishes And Ducks Weather, Stay Dry, Stay Warm, Stay Safe...........Fr.  Troy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back, Oliver!!!!!! Thank you for making the trek, and take care of our boy!

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive