Thursday, March 3, 2011

A REHABILITATION DAY OF PHYSICAL THERAPY, MEDICATIONS, NAUSEAU, VISITORS FROM NEARBY, AND BLOGGING...........

I awoke this morning with a stable blood staking my morning ugar, but feeling light headed and semi queasy. When breakfast arrived at about 8:30 a.m., aftertaking my morning medications. As I did yesterday and will continue doing since Tuesday, I specifically asked if the Prograf anti rejection drug is included, and tonight actually saw it in the dose cup with my other meds. I arose and ate my breakfast, the entree being eggs benedict, which I've only eaten less than a half dozen times, yt was delicious, and breakfast stayed with me without difficulty. I went to the sink here in my room and washed up, including shaving,and as I finished my refreshing shave received my first hospital visitor of the day, Sister Kathleen Horgan, S.M., who dropped in to say hello. My morning p.t. session with Stefanie the thetherapist was focused on standing at bedside in my room, after we went downstairs to a full capacity therapy gym. The deep pain in my left buttocks is shrinking in volume and moving upward again, which it is meant to for total healing. It was tolerable until a further attempt at Stefanie's direction to add a stretching exercise to my right leg was the point in which a prohibitive pain was produced. As we completely our session, nearing 11 a.m., I opted to lay back down feeling physically depleted and within minutes my nauseous feeling increased and I felt overheated. Bridget, the R.N., on duty gave me some nausea medication, which helped me feel much better and nap for a short while. By the time lunch arrived, I was feeling okay again and ate the lunch of a tassed green salad and turkey pot roast and mashed potaoes and peas and white pearl onions, happily. After lunch I had my afternoon Vanko antibiotic infusion for an hour, which my night Nurse Mike, has just connected to my central line for my nightly infusion. Just before eating lunch, my friend of many decades, Jeanette Orsi, who volunteers in the Mercy General Hospital gift shop once a week, came to see. It was wonderful to spend those moments with her. In the midafternoon, prior to my second p.t. session, in which I concentrated with therapist Thisbe's direction, on transfers with the board on surfaces that are at a angle upward or downward, not just a straight movement across the board from bed or seat, to the wheelchair; two nearby visitors, appeared in my room all but simultaneously, Sister Kathleen, with some time o chat and Monsignor Robert Walton, from Sacred Heart Church across the street. Phone calls from Father Tony Traynor, Mary Carson, and Roger Geach, made for an enjoyable, if physically uneven day. As 10 p.m. rolls around I feel a sense of early sleep, that portends an early rising in the morning...........Grateful For The Presence of CareGivers, Colleagues, Visitors, And Friends, Who Fully Care, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive