Wednesday, March 2, 2011

4 MINUTES UP STANDING WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF THERAPISTS AND A WALKER...........

As this Wednesday goes, it was a good, if average day in Rehabilitation, as my physical therapies with the Mercy General Rehab CCC therapists continue. Don't get me wrong - the therapy sessions are increasing daily my basic ability to grow stronger on the left side of my body, so that my left leg and foot can become sturdy enough independently to aide my right foot and leg, once my prostheses is in place in a couple of months time. On that front today I succeeded in my morning p.t. session to lay on my stomach for a half hour or more, despite the pain I am still contending with near my lower back, in my buttocks area, and about my upper to middle leg, on the left side of my body. The pain deep in the muscle, is gradually subsiding until I move directly on those locations, or do my therapy sessions. The pain in my amputated right leg is of equal intensity, which by comparison to others is moderate to mild, from the reports of most amputees in the initial weeks and months after amputation, I have been told. Although I am permitted to receive my Norco pain tablets every four hours by request, for the past week plus, I have be able to stretch out my need to take the Norco to eight, twelve, sixteen, even twenty four hours. Today also included a parishioner visit from Sacred Heart Church, a block away and a mail delivery visit from Sister Kathleen Horgan, S.M. The past two days has brought to see me, upwards of a dozen Mercy staffers from the Dietician and a Patient Visitor, to a Social Worker. Joe Gibson, and Suzanne Ness, also visited me today. On my personal progress point today, in p.t., I was able to stand on my right foot and leg for 4 minutes, with the assistance of a walker and my afternoon therapist, Gaby. tHat is all for today - March 2, 2011, fourteen months to the day of my Silver Jubilee as a Priest Of Jesus Christ...........Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive