Tuesday, March 8, 2011

MY REHABILITATION AT MERCY GENERAL CONTINUING CARE CENTER @ ITS HALFWAY POINT..........

On this my eleventh day at Mercy General Rehabilitation Continuing Care Center, I am at the halfway point in this twenty two day stay to going home to OLOL rectory on March 19.  My physical therapy is progressing well as I continue to stand on my left foot and leg in longer durations; yesterday achieving a new high of 4 minutes and 30 seconds.  My morning p.t. session this morning was spent with the therapist Thisbe, doing direct lift transfers using my hands and lifting my buttocks to take me from bed to wheelchair and wheelchair to bed; as well as taking a wheelchair ride up and down the hallway ramp, and a complete lap around the second floor.  Dr. McMonagle's Office called and set an appointment with me for next Wednesday March 16, at 11 a.m.  I see Dr. Cookson tomorrow morning at 11 a.m.  Lunch is about to be delivered and then my afternoon p.t. session and more standing practice.  Then I will roll myself over to the Hospital's South Wing, to visit with Msgr. Kavanagh..........More Later,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive