Wednesday, March 16, 2011

ANNOUNCEMENT OF AN AUXILIARY BISHOP FOR THE DIOCESE OF SAN JOSE CALIFORNIA : MY SAN FRANCISCO SEMINARY CLASSMATE REVEREND FATHER THOMAS A. DALY !!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. McMonagle's Office was relatively light of patients this morning so I was the next patient he saw after my early, Ted Dahlberg punctually dtiven, arrival - so that I was back in my room at Mercy General Rehab at 11:15 a.m., having had an 11 a.m. appointment.  Within a half hour of my return I received a Facebook message from my San Jose seminary classmate and priestly colleague, Reverend Father David Mercer, asking if I had heard that our San Francisco classmate/colleague, Reverend Father Thomas Daly, has been appointed Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of San Jose.  So it has been a jubilant three hours for me and a day of joyful celebration for those in Fr. Tom's circle of family, friends, colleagues, students, and staff, as one of our own, is chosen to serve the People of God in the Episcopacy.  I will blog about this more in coming columns, as I ponder and present the story of a man and a priest I have known and enjoyed the past twenty six years............ Kudos Bishop-Designate Daly, "May The Lord Who Has Begun The Good Work Within You Bring It To Completion",  Father Troy David Powers

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive