Saturday, March 5, 2011

ANOTHER DAY OF NAUSEA INDUCED DISCOMFORT, PAIN, AND UPHEAVAL...........

This morning I awoke at 4:30 a.m., to a severe stomach ache and discomfort, that led into immediarely a four hour marathon of diarrhea and pain, that could not be treated with medication unthe discomfort il a blood lab result returned. when dR. lehman, the house doctor saw me, he told me this was likely caused ny an antibiotics induced response. Having passed on eating any of my breakfast, I was told by the nursing staff that I must eat my lunch. I ate a small portion and returned to trying to rest, while the discomfort subsided. A phone call from Father Oliver Maher, and a visit from Joe Gibson, helped normalize the early afternoon. Having not been able to keep the morning p.t. session appointment, when the therapist arrived for my afternoon p.t. session, I was in the throes of more of the marathon, with which she assisted me to endure and waited out, so that we were able to eek out a short, if less than perfect p.t. attempt at standing on my right foot and leg. My discomfort and pain continued throughout the afternoon, until 6 p.m., when I washed up and then sat up for a half hour in the wheelchair and ate about a third of the meatloaf dinner. Given the extensiveness of my body pain during the afternoon, I strongly suggested to the R.N. on duty have the on call physician for Dr. Bhat contacted, to make them aware of my current condition before Monday. I had already called his office and left a detailed message on Dr. Bhat's voicemail. The lab results on my stool returned showing there is no infection, and after dinner I was given immodium. Hopefully, it will lessen my discomfort and allow me a sound, and undisturbed night's sleep. Thank You For Your Ongoing Prayers And Concern, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive