Sunday, March 6, 2011

A MUCH BETTER SUNDAY WITH SUNDAY MASS, HOLY COMMUNION, PHYSICAL THERAPY, AND VISITORS, ALONG WITH GOOD NEWS..........

After my adverse health marathon of the previous forty hours plus, Sunday dawned and has continued unabated by pain, or discomfort, and filled with enjoyable and essential Sunday activities. Dr. Lehman conveyed word this morning that my kidney and creatinine level are perfectly normal, after the trying episodes I endured Friday and Saturday. I ate most of my breakfast, watched the 10 a.m. Mass broadcast from the Hospital Chapel, received Holy Communion from Fr. John Healy, did my morning p.t. session successfully, with an improved ability to lay on my stomach, do necessary exercises on my side, and pivot without the transfer board, to and from the mat and the wheelchair, ate all of my meatball and salad lunch, and received visits from Ted and Irene Dahlberg, and Fr. Pat Lee. As I blog, and follow the news of this Sunday on CNN, I await my afternoon p.t. session, with Leanna, my therapist today. The Dahlbergs brought me more sugar free chocolate,and hard candy, a most welcome treat. Some of the blog column topics I have been asked if may write on soon are the Wisconsin Budget Stand-off, The Libyan Crisis, and Charlie Sheen. The latter I am not sure deserves any more coverage than it is already getting; but Libya, and Wisconsin, do - deservedly so, and I will blog something about in coming days.....As you pray and show support for me and my rehabilitation success, and return to the parish, on St. Joseph's Day, please God - (March 19) - also pray for Msgr. KLavanagh, who was admitted into Mercy Hospital this morning after collapsing at the end of his 10 a.m. Mass at St. Rose's. Peace+ Prayers, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive