Friday, March 11, 2011

5 MINUTES 30 SECONDS.....A FULL ONE MINUTE INCREASE IN MY NEW PERSONAL STANDING ON MY LEFT FOOT AND LEG SINCE MY AMPUTATION...........

I have just concluded today's p.t. session, with Stefanie my therapist, doing direct pivot transfers fro bed to chair, chair to bed, and also standing exercises.  I stood up four separate times, with the assistance of a walker and the therapist, the first three untimed for as long a time pereiod each as I am physically capable of tolerating the left leg, and buttocks, pain that emits from the spinal area and is incrementally returning to healing at homebase of my spine.  After a respite and several minutes doing additional direct pivot transfers practice, I stood for the fourth and final time today, for an extended period that Stefani timed.  She clocked me at the end of my fourth attempt, as having stood for just more than 5 minutes and 30 seconds.  That is not only a fresh new personal high over the past 7 weeks, but a full minute above last Friday's attainment.  Given the toll in physical endurance the diarrhea marathon I underwent last weekend and the 2-3 days it took to fully regroup and resume the effectiveness of my rehalitation therapies; I am especially proud of today's attainment.  As the day proceeds, I eagerly await a visit from OLOL parishioner, Frances Hood, who was the Parish Secretary in the final years of Father Traynor's pastorate, who is coming with my mail.  It will be my first look at the mail that has arrived the past eight weeks.  Also, this afternoon the Priests Personnel Board is holding its monthly meeting and review of my progress is on their agenda.  I gave Fr. Tim Nondorf a detailed, up to the moment verbal report, to share with Bishop Soto and the Board Members at the meeting.  My spirits are soaring in anticipation of successfully completing the Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing these two months have required and going home to the parish and resumption of ministry, while I advance and progress towards the prostheses that will henceforth play a vital role in my life and ministry.  I am also awestruck today as I was overnight, in the aftermath of Thursday's profound message of prayer and support on my Facebook page from my Sac State fraternity brother, Scott McKenna.  His written message was a prelude to a lengthy and animated telephone conversation late last night, which is inspiring and invigorating me all the more.  Thank You Scott, for the fine man, brother, husband, father, attorney, Christian believer, and public servant, you are..........Let Us Pray For The Citizens Of Japan And The Pacific Rim, As They Contend With The Consequences Of Yesterday's Devastating 8.9 Earthquake...........In The Peace Of Christ - Redeemer Of All,   Fr.  Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive