Monday, March 14, 2011

A DAILY DOUBLE SETTING PERSONAL HIGH DAY OF PHYSICAL THERAPY AT MERCY GENERAL REHABILITATION...........

With only five days left in my current hospital /rehabilitation stay left on the clock, my p.t. session with therapist Leanna, was especially edifying today.  After beginning with direct pivot transfers from bed to wheelchair, we worked on standing with assistance of a walker and in two of the four times I stood up on my left foot and leg, I was able to attain two individual new personal highs - an increase of one full minute, from 5 minutes 30 seconds last Friday, to 6 minutes and 30 seconds this morning.  Then in the very next attempt, I succeeded in increasing my time another full minute, to 7 minutes and 30 seconds !!!!!!!!!!!  My joy at the continuing progress I am making was channeled into my nearly ninety minute visit from Joe Gibson, this afternoon.  Among the dozens of persons who have visited me over the past 8-9 weeks at Sutter Roseville, Bruceville Terrace, and Mercy General,  Joe and Karin and Roger Geach, have been my most regular visitors at all three locations, averaging 3-4 times a week during this crucial time for me.  i have just completed my night time Vanco antibiotic infusion and am relaxing by reading, blogging, e-mailing, and Facebooking, and enjoying TCM's Monday movie offerings...........With Gratitude To God And All My Circle Of Friends, Supporters, And CareGivers,   Fr.  Troy 

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive