Tuesday, March 22, 2011

JOE M(a)C IS COMING BACK..........HAPPY FOUNDERS DAY LAMBDA CHIs...........

With a belated St. Patrick's Day menu theme, the dinner Joe McNamara prepared for me, Fr. Pius, and himself last night, the first of his two twelve hour overnight caregiving stays with me in the OLOL rectory, were Corned Beef Panini's, with Potato Salad.  As with Roger Geach on Saturday and Sunday nights, Monday overnight with Joe went well and he will return this evening to continue his share in my post amputation convalescent caregiving.  Last night before calling it a night he assisted and observed me in doing my physical therapy standing exercise with the walker, which I did three times for three minutes more or less, each time.  Three days after my last rehab p.t., a 3 minute stand I accept as the need to regain the momentum of pushing forward to further personal highs on a daily therapy schedule, at home, or as an outpatient returnee.  I concelebrated the 10 a.m. Funeral Mass this morning of parishioner Mary Chacon, with Fr. Traynor, and returned to the rectory to review the mail, have a discussion with the Parish Secretary, and write this blog column.  Have watched the Noon News, it is time to have my lunch, the last of Karin and Roger's Sunday roast beef and salad.  Joe McN's return this evening will not only bring with him dinner, but a trip to the supermarket, more p.t. with the walker, and use of the new shower bench before bed, which involves using the transfer board bridged between the wheelchair and the shower chair, which I will use henceforth permanently....To all my Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity Brothers from CSU-Sacramento, throughout the United States and Canada, and around the World, a very Happy Founders Day, as we commemorate the 102 years in the History And Heritage Of The Bonds Of Our Brotherhood...........Brother Father Troy David Powers  Phi Pi Zeta 2.

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive