Friday, March 4, 2011

AS I CONTINUE MAKING REHAB PROGRESS @ MERCY GENERAL CCC - MY CAREGIVING AT OLOL UPON DISCHARGE IS SHAPING UP...........

As I await lunch, having done both a p.t. and o.t. session right after breakfast this morning, and then resting the body to allow the pain reliever to take hold; it was fleshed out by visits from Sharon Bishop, my friend and health care needs Advocate, Mercy Sister Kathleen, and my thirty year Church friend and co-worker, Maria Burroughs; who lives here in East Sacramento, and is a Eucharistic Minister to the sick here at Mercy General Hospital Rehabilitation. I will have my first antibiotic infusion treatment, and then, my second p.t. session, beginning at 2 p.m. Merv Carson, a Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity Brother from our pre-charter days at CSU-Sacramento in the late 1970's, called me this morning offering to build me temporary ramps for the OLOL rectory, as I transition to having a prostheses. Dr. Bhat is expecting to have the additional labs he ordered for me this week, back by today, so I am standing by to receive the update. There is nothing laid back or slow, about the activity I am entered into here, as the nursing, therapuetic, and administrative needs required are continous throughout each day, almost merging at times for my attention and consoderation.....More To Come...........Fr. Troy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you invited to follow my blog

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive