Saturday, March 12, 2011

A NOON TIME FRIDAY CLUSTER VISIT FROM A BISHOP, MONSIGNOR, AND RELIGIOUS..........

Just before Noon and the start of Friday Mass by Father Healy in the Hospital Rehab Chapel, Bishop Francis Anthony Quinn, strode through my room door on his electric scooter.  We enjoyed over a half hour of conversatioQin when Msgr. Robert Walton appeared to visit me, and shortly thereafter Sister Kathleen joined us.  It made for a well rounded conversation, and because of a power drain on Bishop Quinn's electric scooter, means I will be keeping a watchful eye on what Bishop Francis, is calling his, "Cadillac".  Ha Ha.  Frances Hood, from OLOL, who is the retired Parish Secretary, and served in that capacity in the last years of Fr. Traynor's pastorate brought my accumulated mail to me, which included upwards of sixty more get well greeting and prayer cards.  I opened and read each one of them before Dinner and was further edified by the gracious words, thoughts, prayers, and sentiments of affirmation and support their messages impart.  Msgr. Walton also brought me a copy of, "The Word Among Us", 2011 Lenten issue.  Bishop Quinn returned just after 5 p.m., with Sister Joan; to retrieve his scooter after it was battery charged for five hours, only to find it still not functioning.  So the scooter remains with me overnight.  As I was blogging, e-mailing, and Facebooking after dinner, the nursing assistant announced I had a couple of visitors, who were Teri and Don Currier.  We had an engagingly delightful chat .  All in all, these visits made for a very good, day,  More Tomorrow,  Fr.  Troy 

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive