Thursday, September 10, 2009

SWEET 16...A QUIET, BUT PRODUCTIVE, POST TRANSPLANT DAY IN PHOENIX.........

What a restful, relaxing, second day in a row, without a return follow-up visit to Mayo Clinic Arizona. It has been quiet and uneventful, allowing me quality time monitoring the news of the day on radio and tv, and interneting on my laptop. Sally and Frank McNamara just called from Sacramento, checking in on me and Msgr. Kavanagh is visiting them, viewing the All Ireland Hurling Final between County Kilkenny and County Tipperary, last Sunday, which Kilkenny won for an unprecedented 4 championships in a row.........I also received an e-mail of peace and good wishes from my newly retired Sacramento colleague, Fr. Jack Folmer today. Ed Kavanagh also mentioned earlier that Fr. Frank Lawlor has retired. Both Jack and Frank are Ruby Jubilarians, celebrating their 40th Anniversary of priestly ordination this year. My incisional pain level remains no more than a 3-4, and that is when I am in movement, up and about. I am sleeping and napping solidly ovenight and during the day, without my pain disrupting the possibility. I am awaiting more of the tasty and most welcome spaghetti and meat sauce for dinner again tonight and for dessert, delicious sugar free banana split ice cream. I will have dinner within 45 minutes as my 12 hour fast for tomorrow morning's blood labs starts at 7 p.m. Here's to hearing from some of you by blog or e-mail later.........Love, Prayers, + Gratitude,.........Fr. Troy

3 comments:

Julia (Cuny) Meyer said...

Father Troy,
Thank you for your blogging. I have been reading all evening with great interest about your journey. Our family will be praying for you and look forward to your safe and healthy return.

Unknown said...

JULIA, THANK YOU FOR READING MY BLOG AND FOLLOWING MY TRANSPLANT JOURNEY THROUGH MY NEARLY DAILY UPDATES. I APPRECIATE YOUR FAMILY'S PRAYERS AND SUPPORT. HOPEFULLY, I WILL SEE YOU IN MID-OCTOBER.........LOVE, PRAYERS, GRATITUDE,

FR. TROY

Donna Ransom said...

So good to hear that you are steadily recovering. You continue in our prayers. Enjoy your time to communicate with friends. God Bless.

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive