Tuesday, September 8, 2009

MY TWO WEEK POST TRANSPLANT PROGRESS REPORT....

My sister Alice and I, made my return follow-up and lab results visit to Mayo Clinic this afternoon and learned that although my Prograf anti rejection drug level is slightly high again overnight and my white cell is somewhat elevated since yesterday, overall, my labs are very good and in the words of Jason, the Physician's Assitant, I am, "No worse for wear of my urinary tract / bacteria infection over the weekend". He is suspending the prograf dose for tonight and adjusted it as of tomorrow lowering intake to 2 mg. in the morning and 1 mg. in the evening, down from 5 mg. each time, just 2 weeks ago. Jason also encouraged me to continue eating nuts, something I have not been able to do for two and a half years. Yummy. And to consume plenty more dairy products which have been severely limited during my renal failure/dialysis period. I talked to Msgr. Kavanagh and Victor today. Victor is still in significant pain, but the donor's pain is always initially greater than that the recipient. Jeremy Lipp also called checking in with me and assuring me he will be here on Thursday Sept. 17 , to caregive with me for the final month of my stay in Phoenix. One last note for this edition: County Kilkenny won their 4th consecutive ALL IRELAND HURLING FINAL in Dublin, on Sunday beating County Tipperary...So my commisserations to Father Bill Kinane and all the Tipperary priests and religious in the Sacramento Diocese, as Father Oliver and all my Kikenny friends are celebrating BIG-TIME !!!!.........Fr. "Transplant" Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive