Sunday, September 27, 2009

A LAZY, GRAZY, POST KIDNEY TRANSPLANT SUNDAY #5.........

This Sunday has unfolded slowly and rather quietly. Oliver and I went to the supermarket to get the bbq-ing spareribs for our dinner and to replenish our other food supplies and I enjoyed the walkabout in the controlled environment of the Albertson's down the road, for an hour or so in what is closing in on a 108 o F day here in Phoenix. We had planned to drive down the Carefree Highway east to what Oliver describes as a very interesting area of two villages near where the local parish church is located, after Jeremy returned from the Sports Grill and his infusion of the Raiders Nation. He has returned, but alas we will pass on taking the drive until tomorrow, as I must eat my dinner before 7 p.m., in order to complete the 6:30 a.m. fasting blood labs at Mayo Cllinic in the morning. Thus we would be cutting it too close to be back in time to eat these delicious bbq ribs in a less than enjoyable, swallow them whole, fashion. So manana to change scenery for awhile will have to suffice. It has been an amazing afternoon wittnessing the ongoing responses to Teres' sharing earlier about her daughter Lauren's finishing 12th out of 200 competitors, at the Stanford Cross Country event. I agree with the other respondents on Facebook to this posting, that Lauren is an amazing runner and we are proud of her and glad that Teres shared the news with us. Jeremy has already called several of my contacts list friends with the updated progress report I assured them my caregivers would make. Curtis is following up with more calls to his share of my contacts list from the transplant day and with my blogging and e-mails, the word as to how I am doing should be effectively and extensively imparted. I am going to walkabout the front and backyards of the house for a short while, before the grilling gets underway. Thanks for reading and responding.........In Jesus the Christ,
"Transplant" Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive