Sunday, September 27, 2009

BACK FROM MY TRAPANOTTO NEIGHBORHOOD WALKABOUT.........

I am just in from a 45 minute galavant up and down West Trapanotto Road, due east and west and around the corner a block, on Via Trapanotto Road. I took it slowly and securely, all well paved sidewalk, all the way, almost a nature walk with the great abundance of quail and jack rabbits inhabiting the neighborhood. The distance was approximately the equivalent of 4 blocks, from start to finish, with my sturdy cane guiding me along. On Via Trapanotto Road the next block over from us, to the east there is a very nice tennis court below the bluffs of higher built houses. I didn't come across the swimming pool that is located within the estates, but I will find it. Not to swim, but to savor next to for the rest, relaxation and ambience poolside provides. The scorpio I am, is enthralled by being near water, even just to gaze at it. On my personal books and reading list presently, I not only brought along about 15 of the 30 books I am currently reading, but placed an Amazon. com order for more, which was delivered last week. Among the books that were delivered is "True Compass", Edward Moore Kennedy's, powerful, personal, memoirs. I have only read the opening pages, but must agree with most of the reviewers I have read or heard speak about it. He seems to have written an unvarnished and moving chronicle of his life and experiences. It's about time for the bbq grill to be fired up and the grilling of the spareribs and the corn on the cob to begin. So I will sign off for now, and see what the guys are up to. I enjoy spending this time out in the backyard with them.........MORE ! MORE ! MORE ! to Come.........Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive