Saturday, September 26, 2009

POST TRANSPLANT DAY 32...A SATURDAY OF REST AND RELAXATION IN 106 o ARIZONA HEAT.........

After a week of relatively mild temperatures by Phoenix standards, in the mid 90's to low 100's, the mercury is heading up again and expected to rise today and tomorrow, to 106-108 o F. Fr. Oliver is not quite melting, but is definitely feeling the heat much more than Jeremy and I are. And I must admit, it is HOT !! The two of them are likely to lead us back to Lake Pleasant, so that they can jet ski for a while to cool down, while I sit on the dock and watch them enjoy themselves. I first witnessed the delight Oliver derives from jet skiing in Lake Tahoe, back in the early 90's. I am also reminding him there is a swimming pool here in the Trapanotto Estates and the extra sized jacuzzi on the patio in our backyard, the temperature of which he can adjust downward, to cool off for awhile. Jeremy is right on time with taking my morning vitals and is giving me my meds, with my breakfast cooking. My blood glucose is 152, this morning, which is starting to come down the past two mornings since Kathy, the Mayo Clinic Diabetic Nurse increased my bedtime, long term, Lantus insulin to 40 units nightly...Breakfast was great. The eggs were perfectly over easy; the bacon crispy, the toast wonderful, and my first of three glasses of milk today, delicious. After 2.5 years of being limited to 4 ounces of milk daily and no bacon, I am reveling in enjoying them both again. The coffee is brewing, as I await Oliver's appearance downstairs. For now, he's enjoying his king size four poster bed too much !! We may go to the shopping mall in Paradise Valley today, for O.D.M.'s retail therapy and to give me the opportunity for a lengthy, controlled environment, walkabout in the mall. Bishop Jaime Soto called to check in on me again yesterday and we had a very nice conversation. I told him he will hear back from me at least once, before my departure from Phoenix, three weeks from today, Oct. 17.........Peace + Prayers, until Later - Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive