Thursday, September 17, 2009

BACK TO THE MAYO CLINIC AND SKY HARBOR AIRPORT ON DAY 23 POST TRANSPLANT.........

Another early start at the Mayo Clinic this morning, for 7:05 a.m. blood fasting fasts and my 8:45 a.m. follow-up appointments with the Transplant Nurse and Physician's Assistant. Jason Bodner, the P.A., who studied at Midwestern Medical School which has campuses in Chicago and Arizona, was very pleased with the progress I have made in the past week. My blood pressure todayre was 140/70; my pulse was 60; my temperature was 98.3 F; and my weight this morning was 210,6 lbs.; an increase of 5.6 lbs. since Sunday. My lab values today are morning blood sugar, 156; my creatinine level is 1,5; potassium level 4.9; hemoglobin 11.1; leucocytes 7.3; and my prograf level will be determined this afternoon. All in the acceptable range. On Monday I will see the infectious disease Doctor about the Valley Fever occurences. At this stage Jason says from his discussion with the ID Dr., that I will likely be kept on Diflucan, one of the anti rejection drugs, a transplant patient is weaned off of, but that I will take for life as a precaution. We go to the airport tonight to pick Jeremy up at 9:15 p.m., and tomorrow he will begin his month's share in my caregiving. I will make him the primary driver for the duration of our stay in Phoenix and Fr. Oliver with his love for automobiles, will assist as well the nine days he's here. I enjoyed Alice's homemade beans and rice last night for dinner and will have them for lunch today as well. Dinner tonight is pot roast, another of my longtime favorites. I was very disappointed with the winner of this season's 'Amerca's Got Talent', last night. In my estimation the voting audience picked the weakest singer finalist as the winner, over far superior others. Barbara Padilla, Drew Stevyns, Voices of Glory, and Lawrence Beaman, were all better choices in my estimation. Especially with $1,000,000.00 and a Headliner Show in Las Vegas as the grand prize. Here's hoping you all have a great day. It will be restful and relaxing from now on given today's medical appointments are done.........Peace + Prayers, Fr. Troy

2 comments:

Bob Towery said...

When you have the energy to start complaining about TV shows, well heck man, you are just about ready to get back to work. After today's post, I know much more about your bodily functions than I care to, but I'm happy for you just the same. Keep up your great progress old friend.

Unknown said...

THANKS BOB, FOR COMMENTING ON MY BLOG COLUMN COMMENTARIES. THIS IS UNIQUELY ME !!!!!!!!! SUSAN BOYLE WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF AGT'S FINALE LAST NIGHT, CXONSIDERING HOW IT TURNED OUT. BY THE WAY THE WINNER WAS ONLY THE 7TH MOST POPULAR SEARCH OF YAHOO'S TOP TEN PERSON SEARCHES TODAY ! BARBARA PADILLA, OR MY MAN, DREW STEVYNS WOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSER TO THE TOP !!!!!!!!! ZAX BRO, TROY

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive