Wednesday, September 16, 2009

GIVE ME TODAY A DAILY GALAVANT.........POST TRANSPLANT DAY 22.........

I am feeling reinvigorated being able to get out of the house for about 45 minutes to go down to the post office for the mail and a trip to Walgreens to refresh my snacks. The mail brought a wonderful get well card from Dolly Johnson from Presentation Parish, who works with us as a volunteer in the parish office and several other greeting cards from Karin and Roger Geach, one of them including thoughtful photographs taken at my pre transplant farewell party at Original Pete's in Elk Grove on August 17, photographs of me aand Bishop Quinn, along with Karin, Rose Sapanaro, and Lou Richmond, both of whom I know from St. Robert's Parish in South Sacramento. Thank you Karin, they are a nice addition to have here in Arizona exile. Jeremy phoned me this morning to confirm his arrival tomorrow, which I happily welcome. I spent my time after breakfast today e-mailing and on Facebook exchanging messages with Mary Carson, Carole Salerno, Scott McKenna, among others and sending messages to Dave McAfee, Rob Buckner, Mike Riddle, and Joe McNamara, while surveying and selecting other Facebook friends to add to my circle online. I watched U.S. Senator Max Baucus' news conference announcing his Senate Health Care Reform Bill on, 'Andrea Michell Presents', and the news of the day on CNN and MSNBC; and watched as my grandmother Powers used to say, my one (soap) "story", 'The Bold And The Beautiful', on CBS. Lunch is ready, so I will end for now. More To Come........."Transplant" Troy

2 comments:

Julia (Cuny) Meyer said...

It's nice to hear that you are getting up and about. Even getting out of the house for a brief period can lead to such an appreciation of the world. I'm recovering from mono and know that I have not been as patient as you have been this whole time! We continue to keep you in our prayers.

Unknown said...

THANKS JULIA, FOR SHARING YOUR COMMENT ON MY VENTURING OUT OF THE HOUSE FOR A SHORT PERIOD YESTERDAY AFTERNOON. PATIENCE HAS NEVER BEEN MY VIRTUE FROM CHILDHOOD TO PRESENTLY. BUT IN THIS EXPERIENCE I HAVE LEARNED THE REAL VALUE OF BEING LESS IMPATIENT. AND YOU ARE RIGHT - GETTING OUT OF THE HOUSE EVEN FOR A SHORT WHILE, INSTILLS APPECIATION IN ME I WOULD NOT OTHERWISE HAVE.........ALL MY BEST, FR. TROY

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive