Sunday, September 6, 2009

POST KIDNEY TRANSPLANT DAY 12...FATHER TROY'S TRANSPLANT JOURNAL FROM MAYO CLINIC HOSPITAL ARIZONA.........

My kidney transplant team of doctors have determined my current problem is a urinary tract infection, not any form of organ rejection, due to my suppressed immune deficiency caused by the transplant. They have identified the particular bacteria in my blood and are treating it with a specific antibiotic to knock it out. The doctors are of a mind to send me back to my rented house only after eradicating the bacteria from my blood, so that I will be on tablets not an i.v. once I am released from the hospital. My abdominal pain has totally subsided and my incisional pain is about the same it has been the past ten days, for which I am grateful. My appetite is returning again, and my fluid intake is increasing. Having my computer back online is a blessing as it helps to pass the lonely hours in this hospital room. My sisters and weekend relief caregiver visit me twice a day for an hour or so each visit, otherwise I have the constant presence of nurses and doctors and lab technicians, around the clock, like clockwork. E-mail, blog responses, phone calls and cards and letters, also break up the day nicely. I am waiting on the Hospital Chaplain to bring me Holy Communion. And I am standing by for MSNBC's rebroadcast of today's, "Meet the Press". Today is also the 31st Anniversary of my fraternal friendship with my very dear friend, Curtis Richards. Tuesday, I will also celebrate 30 years of friendship with Teres Bugatto Mugnaini and the Bugatto-Mugnaini Families.
Promising another update tomorrow.........Love + Prayers, Fr. Troy.........

1 comment:

Donna Ransom said...

Infections usually set in 5 to 12 days after a surgery--I am so pleased they caught it right away!

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive