Monday, September 14, 2009

DAY 20, POST KIDNEY TRANSPLANT @ MAYO CLINIC & TRAPANOTTO ROAD.........

On this 20th day after my kidney transplant, my morning started early as we were at the Mayo Clinic Hospital before 7 a.m., for the fasting labs and follow-up appointments. Fortunately, as it also included Joe DiMarco's departing flight back to Sacramento, he went with us to the fasting labs, we drove him to the airport and returned to the Mayo Clinic as the follow-up appointments were at 10:15 a.m. It made for a full morning as on our return to the house I had to stop at the Bank to do my weekly transacting and to the post office box to get the mail which included my new One Touch blood glucose meter and two greeting cards from Karin & Roger Geach, one marking Bishop Francis Anthony Quinn's 88th Birthday last Friday, the other commemorating the 27th anniversary of my entering St. Kieran's Seminary, in Kilkenny, yesterday. The lab reports all came back good and moving in the right direction. Including a blood test re-draw measuring whether or not I have a mild form of Valley Fever, for which I have tested positive twice in the past three months and then negative again with the follow-up re-draws. Reportedly, 70% of the people of Arizona and New Mexico are diagnosed with Valley Fever in their lifetime. It also occurs prominently in California's San Joaquin Valley. The Physician's Assistant has decided to have me see the Infectious Disease doctors to determine what is occurring in that regard. A relaxing afternoon and casual evening round out the day. I plan on watching 'America's Got Talent', season finale and though not a big fan of his, I will as I always do, watch the premiere of, 'The Jay Leno Show'. Macaroni and Cheese and Ham, are tonight's dinner. My incisional pain is subsiding daily, and I am going 12-18 hours between doses of tylenol or percocet, mostly tylenol at this stage. The redness in the incisional wound stayed pretty much within the markings place around it on Friday, and no change has been made in my antibiotic regimen. Jason the P.A., believes the antibiotics I am taking are sufficient. Qwest responded to my Saturday blog column, with an apology for the problems I have encountered the past two weeks. Appreciative of their acknowledgement, I stand by my statement and will continue to pursue a personal computer technician through the local parish...Thanks for your continuing correspondence, e-mails and blog comments. Your communication from 800 miles plus away, I am very grateful for.
Love, Prayers, + Gratitude, In Jesus the Christ, Fr. Troy.........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I MENTIONED IN MY LAST BLOG COLUMN YESTERDAY THAT ALTHOUGH NOT A BIG FAN OF HIS, I WOULD WATCH THE PREMIERE OF THE JAY LENO SHOW, IN PRIMETIME ON NBC. HAVING WATCHED HIS FIRST 2 SHOWS I MUST ADMIT HE IS FUNNIER IN PRIMETIME AND I THIN A HIT SHOW. MY ONLY DISAPPOINTMENT WAS WHAT I CONSIDER WAS THE KANYE WEST STUNT INTERVIEW, ATTEMPTING TO PRODUCE ANOTHER HUGH GRANT MOMENT FOR JAY. THE KANYE UPSTAGING OF TAYLOR SWIFT MAY EVEN HAVE BEEN LINKED TO HIS APPEARANCE ON JAY LENO'S SHOW LAST NIGHT. WHETHER HE CAN TAKE A 5 NIGHTS A WEEK SHOW GOING BEYOND ONE SEASON ONLY TIME WILL TELL.........tdp

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive