Tuesday, September 8, 2009

POST TRANSPLANT JOURNAL DAY 14...BIRTHDAY of the BVM.........

Just back from my morning fasting blood labs at Mayo Clinic and awaiting President Obama's Address to School Children, which I will watch while having my breakfast, today is the liturgical feast day of the Birthday of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is also the birthday of my CSU-Sacramento classmate, Teri Tenenbaum Currier. Happy Birthday Teri.........I t was also on this date 30 years ago, that I met Teres Bugatto Mugnaini. She was then a college freshman and I was a first semester graduate student, when we met at a Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity Recruitment Party. Both Teri and Teres have ties to Lambda Chi and were Little Sisters to our active chapter as undergraduates. I will return to Mayo at 3:15 p.m. this afternoon for 2 appointments. First with the Transplant Coordinator Nurse and then with the Transplant Team's Physician's Assistant for labs results and follow-up visits. Two weeks in, we are befriending other transplant recipients and their family members at the Clinic, with very interesting stories about their own kidney, liver, and heart transplants. And watching me the past two weeks they are commenting on how much better I look and how I am moving about with very good improvement. And I continue to experience the near perfect, pleasant and proficient team of doctors, nurses, technicians, registration staff and greeting attendants, that work for Mayo Clinic.
Adam, my blood lab tech this morning was the best, most conversant and friendliest one, yet. MORE TO COME LATER.........Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive