Monday, September 21, 2009

PART TWO POST TRANSPLANT IN PHOENIX STARTS IN A FULL, BUSY, BUT EXCITING WAY.........

The second half of my post kidney transplant care and convalescence here in Phoenix at the Mayo Clinic Arizona and the Trapanotto Estates houseI have rented is underway, with what will be a full, busy, but exciting day. Jeremy and I, drive the 20 miles to the hospital within the hour for my blood fasting labs and follow-up appointments with the Transplant Nurse Coordinator and the Physician's Assistant. I will take my morning meds and insulin at the hospital and then have breakfast in the hospital cafeteria, before we proceed back to the house for a few hours, and lunch. At 3:30 p.m., my appointment with the Infectious Disesae Doctor is scheduled to determine the plan for addressing the Valley Fever question and then after a few weekly errands and dinner, Jeremy and I will proceed to Sky Harbor Airport, some 33 miles from the Trapanotto House, to retrieve Fr. Oliver, whose flight from Ireland arrives in just before 8 p.m., tonight. That for me is the truly exciting part of today. Having him here with me for the next 9 days, in friendship, fraternity, fellowship, and fidelity, to everything our interpersonal relationship of nearly three complete decades denotes, support, solidarity, caring and concern for each other's well being. I am supremely confident that teaming Oliver and Jeremy together as my primary caregivers during the coming week, will more than provide for my post transplant convalescence in a thorough and focused way. And as I write this blog column and the less than 15 hour countdown to Oliver's arrival continues, there is a strong hint that despite the broken hip he suffered 3 months ago, that Msgr. Edward J. Kavanagh may appear here during Oliver's stay to visit with us and catch up on all things Kilkenny.........So my happiness and anticipation for several fantastic days ahead are increasing by the moment. I will keep you posted here on my blog, as time permits. Thank you all for being continuing rays of sunshine in my present condition. To the 20 persons who sent cards and gifts on Saturday, and to our lady of Lantana, my 30 year friend and St. Rose's parishioner, Sara Nava, whose phone call to me o Sunday was a joy filled sunburst, that truly rounded out my day. Her call checking in on me, led to the BBQ-ing Jeremy wonderfully did for us last night and the 61st annual Emmys, as always one of the televised mainstays in my life. Bring on this day...Until later, once Oliver is here......
Prayers + Peace, Fr. Troy.........

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive