Wednesday, September 16, 2009

DAY 22 POST TRANSPLANT - ANOTHER DAY OF REST AND RELAXATION, HEALING AND VENTURING OUT.........

After sleeping well overnight, I am up and at it again, watching the Today Show and awaiting my sisters waking for my 8 a.m. medications and breakfast. I wish it were possible to provide them for myself, but that is not possible during this period of my convalescence, and an integral part of why 24 / 7 caregiving is required. It will also be the beauty of finally having Jeremy Lipp here with us as of tomorrow; Fr. Oliver Maher next week; and Paul and Sharon Friedrich the weekend of October 3 & 4, for as Joe DiMarco's two weekends of relief care with me proved, it is much more easily accomplished having more than two primary caregivers in the mix. My increasing appetite and the impressive punctuality of Mayo Clinic Hospital's earliness and punctuality in delivering meals, has me more than ready for a full breakfast by 8 a.m., when my morning meds are scheduled to be administered. I am feeling quite well as I begin my day and desirous of doing my most walking yet, outside the boundaries of the house. I will do that in our gorgeous backyard and also go on the drive with my sister Alice, to the post office box and to Walgreens. Tonight's dinner menu has me excited, a home cooked pot of beans and rice and a raisin bread, just like my mother used to make. I just watched a Today Show story on tonight's Season Finale Results Show naming the Winner of, "America's Got Talent', which will have several special musical guests, among them 'Britain's Got Talent' phenon, Susan Boyle, making her first in person, American television appearance. Tomorrow it is back to the Mayo Clinic for fasting blood labs and follow-up appointments, conveniently arranged for 7:05 a.m. and 8:45 a.m., with no need to return in the afternoon, so that my morning meds and breakfast will take place there at Mayo Clinic. Other than that on Thursday I await a call from Jeremy as to what time his flight arrives in Phoenix, as we will be going to Sky Harbor Airport to pick him up. He will have a full day Friday learning the ropes of caregiving for me, but he's a quick learner and I am sure will fall right into place. Jeremy will certainly round out not only my caregiving, but the companionship component, as Father Oliver also will. Looking forward to what today brings...More later......All My Best.........Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive