Saturday, September 26, 2009

"RETAIL THERAPY", IN PARADISE VALLEY MALL, PHOENIX, ARIZONA.........

Father Oliver and I returned just over a half hour ago from a two hour, retail therapy trip to the Paradise Valley Mall, four miles beyond the Mayo Clinic Hospital. It is a very spacious shopping mall, with four major anchor stores : Sears, J.C. Penney, Macy's and Dillard's. We browsed through all four stores and made a few purchases. In Dillard's my fiscally conservative self decided to supplement my summer shorts and shirts, by paying 70 % off for three sets of trunks and three Jack Nicklaus golf shirts. Given the Arizona heat and humidity and my convalescence mode, I am wearing mostly summer shorts, tees and lightweight cotton shirts. Especially while my incisional wound continues to heal. Jeremy and Oliver are watching a movie as I blog, and we are going across the Carefree Highway in an hour to have dinner tonight at Connolly's Irish Pub and Sports Grill. As I have for the past several years my beverage of record will be iced tea or diet 7 up/sprite zero. The two hours walk in the mall, more than met my walking quota for today. My diischarge instructions are to walk 10 more minutes everyday. That's all for now.........MORE SOON...Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive