Sunday, September 13, 2009

DIET, EXERCISE, AND ANTI-REJECTION DRUGS 19 DAYS AFTER MY KIDNEY TRANSPLANT.........

One of the culinary joys I am rediscovering after 2.5 years of contending with a severely restricted renal diet in addition to my diabetic diet, are foods I am now alloed to eat such as bacon, ham, beans, nuts, ice cream, yogurt, fresh oranges, peaches, and nectarines. To that end, I had a toasted, bacon, lettuce, tomato, with mayonaise, sandwich for lunch with a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a glass of milk. Oh so wonderful. Just like the ham and cheese omelettes were in the Mayo Clinic Hospital. As I am blogging this we are watching the SF 49'ers / Arizona Cardinals game. Not to be ungrateful, but, GO NINERS !!!!!!!!!...Karin Geach has e-mailed twice today and her husband, Roger called thirty minutes as he has regularly the past 7 years of my life. "Peaches from the Geachs", as I call their generosity and friendship, has come faithfully for the 27 years since I entered St. Kieran's and their children are still some of the best Confirmation students I ever had, right up there at the top with my #1 student, Tony Clark. The Geach Family like so many of my friends and parishioners, have truly become FAMILY to me.........
M y newest high mark between doses of pain meds is 18 hours, from 6 p.m. last night, to 12 noon today. And I am only taking tylenol this weekend until my percocet prescription is refilled in the morning...Not sure yet what dinner will be, but I Carnorvore, knows it will be meat based.........TO BE CONTINUED...Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive