Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A NOT SO EARLY MORNING BUT WE NEED TO GO TO THE SCOTTSDALE CAMPUS.........

it is 7 a.m., on Day 35, after my kidney transplant and we have a later start as my only Mayo Clinic appointment today is a Blood Pressure Monitoring at the Scottsdale campus on Shea Blvd., about 27 miles drive from the house. Oliver is doing my vitals and morning meds plus insulin, before preparing my breakfast. My a.m. blood pressure is 147/78; with a pulse of 66; my blood glucose count is 141; my weight today is 211; on our unofficial scale, which is about 5 lbs. less than Mayo is getting. Breakfast is a bowl of multi-grain Cheerios, a glass of Cranberry juice, bacon, and toast. It is Oliver's last day of this visit, so after the Mayo Clinic appointment, we will do our best to make the most of it. Temperature-wise, it is cooling down to 106 o F, today after two days of 108 0. Ironically, with his morning departure for Ireland tomorrow, Wednesday's high in Phoenix, is forecast for 97 o, as a real cool down returns after nearly a week of mid to high 100's, while Oliver has been here. Jeremy has been resting up these past 2 days for the final push here in Phoenix, from tomorrow through Saturday October 17. Paul and Sharon Friedrich confirmed their weekend arrival this Friday and will be here to assist with my caregiving over the coming weekend. Tha't's it for now. Breakfast is about ready and I am ready for it !!!!!!!!! Love + Prayers until Later.........Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive