Saturday, September 19, 2009

A POST TRANSPLANT POSITIVE EXPERIENCE OF COURTESY AND CONSIDERATION.........

As Jeremy and I stepped out of the front door of the house an hour and a half ago, a big surprise was awaiting me. The neighbor postwoman, graciously delivered mail addressed to me here at the house for the second time in two weeks, although there is no home mail delivery to this address. We were on our way to my rented mailbox, only to discover at the front door, an even greater volume of mail, in fact, 20 greeting and get well cards from parishioners and friends. How wonderful, especially following my brief internet difficulty. Jeremy prepared my lunch - a wonderful turkey and monterey pepperjack cheese sandwhich on toasted Roman Meal bread and a bowl of Cream of Chicken Soup. I am not sure yet what tonight's dinner is tonight, but I am anticipating Jeremy's BBQ-ed Chicken tomorrow night. I am feeling stronger and much less sore todayand it has been 24 hours since I took my last dose of percocet pain medication. Turning, standing, or sitting for too long does cause me some pain, but only about 1-2, on a scale of 10, being the worst. The prayers, Masses, thoughts, and good wishes, of my parishioners and friends are helping to sustain me well. And the addition of Jeremy to the caregiving schedule is increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of getting the bases covered. As a priest over the past seven years, I have found that having a combination of women and men providing for my needs works best for me. Thank you to everyone of you who are continuing in your own unique ways to assist me, spiritually, interpersonally, financially. My faithful friends and loyal parishioners, are simply the BEST !!!!!!!!!.........Love, Prayers, + Gratitude, Fr. Troy

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive