Sunday, September 13, 2009

DAY 19 IN REVIEW - ANOTHER SUNDAY WINDS DOWN IN TRAPANOTTO ESTATES...PHOENIX.........

Two more Hallmark Channel movies in the 'Jane Doe' series, starring Lea Thompson, filled my afternoon with Joe, after the 49'ers/Cardinals game. Hooray for the Niners victory and their 1-0 record to start the new NFL season. My latest phone call from Father Steve Avella, rounded out my afternoon. He is such a good and wise man, a learned scholar, and a generous and caring friend to me. Our Lady of Joy Parochial ADM, Father Patrick Farley, also returned my call to the parish office yesterday, to check on how I am doing and verifying I received the Holy Communion the parish sent to me this morning with Joe, and responding to my request for information regarding Our Lady of Joy's computer tech. H e says they contract it out through the Diocese of Phoenix and that the Parish Maintenance Supervisor will return from vacation on Tuesday and can give me the pertinent information. I would prefer to pay a competent, capable , honest person, to handle my technical support for the next 5 weeks and not suffer fools who the landlord says he too is finished with for their ineffectualness. My dinner time blood sugar count was a relatively lower, 122, as compared to 160, at lunch. Having taken only two tylenol thus far today, now 7 hours ago, and feeling no inordinate incisional pain, I am hoping to hold out to at least 12 Midnight before taking the next dose. So all and all, a very good day. I voiced mailed Father Oliver, received three e-mails from Karin Geach, a phone call from Roger Geach, and have had a thoroughly enjoyable day on the internet. Tomorrow brings the first of three more fasting labs and follow-up visits to the Mayo Clinic this week, which will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday. Jeremy Lipp arrives on Thursday and Father Oliver next Monday, and Msgr. Kavanagh plans to come and see me while Oliver is here. I watched the 60 Minutes interview with President Obama and their memorial profile/last interview, with Ted Kennedy concerning his written memoir, "True Compass". Thanks for reading today's entres to my Transplan Journal.. More tomorrow. Very Truly Yours in Jesus the Christ, Fr. Troy.........

No comments:

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive