Saturday, September 19, 2009

MY QUEST AFTER THREE WEEKS IN THE CONVALESCENCE HOUSE IS TO KEEP THE INTERNET ACCESS ONLINE.........

For the fourth time in less than three weeks in this beautiful vacation convalescence house in Phoenix, at which my caregivers and I are residing through October 17, the internet access went down again 30 minutes ago, despite Qwest's apology and assurances earlier in the week. I had to work with it myself for a half hour and luckily got it restored. I don't understand why local access only means anything worthwhile to a computer user like me at all. Internet access is necessary to maintaining the communication I desire with the wider world. My e-mail, blog column, and ability to research, making guaranteed, assured, internet access indispensable. I maintained my patience during this current reversal of operation, thanks to an Andy Griffith Show marathon playing on TV Land. Alas, unless my neophyte technological self can continue to successfully address these continuing interuptions in internet access, I will have to spend additional money and bring in a church computer tech. At a time post kidney transplant when I can use every dollar I have for my caregiving and medical expenses. Alas, dealing with Qwest has proven a waste of time and money and an expensive lesson...Before lunch we are going down to get the mail and take my daily journey outside these walls.........More to Come later. Fr. Troy

2 comments:

B said...

Hello, my name Brian and I work for Qwest. I ran across your blog post here, and wanted to reach out and offer any help you may need. In reading your post, it appears your DSL is working again, but I am just checking with you, to see if there is any I can further help you with.

If there is, please e-mail me at TalkToUs@Qwest.com, and I will more than happy to help.

Thanks,

B
Consumer Affairs Manager
Qwest Communications
www.socialmedia.qwest.com

Unknown said...

BRIAN,
MY CHIEF CONCERN WWITH MY QWEST INTERNET ACCESS REMAINS THE DEPENDABILITY AND ACCESSIBILITY AT ALL TIMES TO MY BLOG, E-MAIL, AND THE WIDER INTERNET. THREE MORE TIMES IN THIS PAST WEEK, MY INTERNET ACCESS HAS GONE DOWN FROM A MATTER OF MINUTES TO AS MUCH AS 45 MINUTES DURATION AT CRITICAL TIMES IN MY USE OF MY LAPTOP. I HAVE HAD TO RESOLVE THESE PROBLEMS MYSELF AS I REFUSE TO WASTE VALUABLE TIME DEALING WITH YOUR COLLEAGUES FOR SEVERAL HOURS AT A TIME, FOR DIFFICULTIES THAT CAN BE RESOLVED IN A MATTER OF MINUTES. AS A KIDNEY TRANSPLANT RECIPIENT WITH TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN POST CAREGIVING EXPENSES, IT IS UNCALLED FOR THAT I SHOULD HAVE TO PAY A PRIVATE COMPUTER TECHNICIAN TO CORRECT SUCH PROBLEMS, BECAUSE MY CONFIDENCE IN YOUR COMPANY'S ABILITY TO ADDRESS MY NEEDS HAS BEEN SERIOUSLY BREACHED. THANK YOU.........

TROY DAVID POWERS

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HERE VISITING MY BLOG, "INSIGHTS INTO LIFE AND FAITH BY FATHER TROY DAVID POWERS"

ENJOY READING MY REFLECTIONS ON CURRENT AND HISTORICAL CIRCUMSTANCES FACING THE PEOPLE OF GOD IN THE WORLD.

TELL YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU HERE.

GRATEFULLY YOURS,

REVEREND FATHER TROY POWERS

Followers

Blog Archive